Lead/Senior Frontend Developer Job Vacancy
Juno Media has an exciting opportunity for a highly talented Magento developer to take a lead role in our vibrant and growing team.
Based at Juno’s Nottingham office, you’ll take on a senior role in the team, mentoring junior developers and taking a hands-on approach to creating your own code.
This is an opportunity to use your experience and creativity to help take our successful web design agency to the next level.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Adhere to best development practices as laid out by the company
- Follow the delivery procedures laid out by the project managers, and offer improvements where relevant
- Work with the project managers to deliver work specifications and estimates
- Provide suggestions and alternatives to work requests by the client or project manager, where appropriate
- Follow current industry trends and maintain a relevant skill-set
- Inform the company of new technology opportunities
- Carry out development with future maintainability and usability in mind
- Share development skills and knowledge with other team members
- Liaise with 3rd party technical contacts and clients where necessary
- Appreciate design and brand concerns, including extrapolation where pages are not covered by supplied designs.
- Advanced HTML5/CSS3
- Use, implementation and best practices of CSS preprocessors
- Intermediate understanding of the web stack and request flow
- Basic understanding of web security
- Intermediate use of git version control (branching/merging/conflict resolution)
- Understanding of website usability and accessibility
- Experienced (2+ years) with ecommerce platforms
- (Desirable) Understanding of Selenium or other automated testing
- (Desirable) Experienced (1+ years) with Magento theming
- Provide mentoring and training for the development team
- Act as main point of contact for day-to-day development queries
- Assist project managers in ensuring processes are followed
- Carry out complex project development
- Resolve escalated support issues
- Assist in reviewing and maintaining high quality code output across the team
- Assist in providing work specifications
- Assist in implementing and researching new development and delivery techniques.
We offer a competitive salary dependent on experience. Need more information on joining the Juno team? Give us a call.